Awards & Accreditations
At Swanmore College we strive to gain awards and accreditations as part of our ongoing quality management systems. Below are some of the awards and accreditations we are working hard to achieve.
Excellence in Pupil Development Award (EPDA)
Our aim at Swanmore College is to provide an excellent academic education and experience for all pupils regardless of their prior ability. We aim to ensure that pupils leave Swanmore ready for the next stage of their education and life regardless of what that may be. We do this by supporting pupils to become resilient, inquisitive and independent learners ready to take control of their own education and lives.
To help develop these attributes, we at Swanmore College are embarking on achieving the Excellence in Pupil Development Award which aims to develop pupils’ character, value and skills to ensure they become independent, active and responsible learners.
This award offers a structured framework to evaluate and enrich our pastoral curriculum. It supports us in developing pupils’ personal attributes and attitudes, such as self-confidence, resilience and self-discipline. With a focus on involving local and national organisations, it helps us to prepare pupils for life in modern Britain.
This shall be achieved in the following ways
- Curriculum – embedding the knowledge and skills for personal development are into the whole-school curriculum.
- Behaviour – Setting high expectations for pupil behaviour and conduct, including punctuality and attendance.
- Responsible citizens – Promoting positive attitudes from pupils towards their own learning, towards each other, and towards the wider community.
- Local partnerships – Engaging with local groups and parents to deliver enrichment activities that develop pupils’ confidence, responsibility and leadership skills.
- External organisations – Actively enlisting the support of national and international agencies to help raise pupils’ aspirations for their future.
- Professional development – Committing to high-quality, ongoing staff CPD so that all staff can build and support pupils’ personal development.
Wellbeing Award for Schools (WAS)
Everyone has mental health. Feelings of well-being are fundamental to the overall health for all individuals.
Here at Swanmore, we believe that everyone has a responsibility for their own and each other’s well-being.
It is our vision at Swanmore to create a community where we have no fear of failure. By working together and applying our core values, we will collaborate using innovative strategies to challenge prejudice and stigma and establish a safe and secure community for all.
We believe through the power of optimism and resilience that we will build a whole community approach based on being heard, accepted, valued and empowered.