Please click on the link below to view our Single Equality Statement:
Unicef Rights Respecting School: Silver - Rights Aware
Swanmore College is now a Unicef Silver Rights Aware School.
- Our school is explicitly embedding the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child in its policy, practice and culture.
- We are promoting knowledge and understanding of the Convention throughout our school community.
- We are putting into action and developing the plans outlined on our Action Plan for Silver, which we submitted to achieve Bronze: Rights Committed.
- We are beginning to see the positive impact of these actions on children and young people, staff, and on the school’s ethos, practice and environment.
- Children and young people are beginning to see themselves as rights respecting global citizens and advocates for fairness and children’s rights, both locally and globally.
Equalities Objectives Timeline
2021 - 2022
Achieve RRR School Bronze Award
2022 - 2023
Achieve RRR School Silver Award
2023 - 2024
All subject curricula content to be equality approved