|Non Examination Assessment||0%|
|Examination Board||OCR Cambridge Nationals|
This Level 2 ICT qualification is focused on the creation of media products that we are all familiar with. Skills that are delivered in this course include learning how to use a range of computer applications to create digital images, animations and websites. You will also learn how to produce a range of pre-production documents including storyboards, visualisation diagrams and scripts.
The course is assessed through 3 pieces of coursework (R082-Creating Digital Images, R085-Creating a Multipage Website and R086-Creating a Digital Animation) and through a single 1 ½ hour exam taken in year 11. Coursework comprises 75% of the final grade awarded. Cambridge Nationals are vocational qualifications not GCSEs and are graded Level 2 Distinction* (equivalent to GCSE grade 8.5) to Level 2 Pass (equivalent to GCSE grade 4).
Presentation and planning of coursework means we will also learn how to use more general office applications like word processing and spreadsheets effectively.
What will I need to succeed?
- Have a potential ambition to work in the “Creative Industries”.
- Enjoy using computers and wish to develop your IT skills
- Be keen to continuously improve work to achieve as good an outcome as possible
- Be creative and willing to use your imagination to produce a range of digital products.
- Have the ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Be organised and able to manage, with support from the teacher, long-term projects.
- Access to a computer at home or be able to stay after college to use the ICT facilities to complete practical homework activities.
The Creative I-Media course will include the following content:
- Creating pre-production documents from mood boards to storyboards.
- Creating and manipulating images
- Creating animations
- Designing and producing websites
- Understanding and categorising target audiences
- Legislation relating to creative media production e.g. copyright and trademarks
- File formats
Three pieces of coursework comprising 75% of the final grade
Single 1 ½ hour exam
Graded-Level 2 Pass, Merit, Distinction or Distinction*
What careers it can lead to after leaving Swanmore College