Thank you for your interest in working at Swanmore College. All current vacancies can be found below:
Head of Computing – TLR 2.2 £5,356
Do you want to take the lead on developing the school-wide use of new technologies within the classroom?
Do you want to work in a dynamic 11-16 school?
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding Head of Computing, who is confident in their subject knowledge, and committed to achieving high standards for all pupils, to start Easter or September 2024.
The successful candidate will be an excellent motivator, strong classroom practitioner, able to play an important leadership role in developing our Computing Department.
The candidate applying for this post should be a hardworking professional committed to ensuring further improvements to our pupil’s outcomes.
Swanmore Supports Your Professional Development
We are fully committed to championing professional development and all teaching staff are allocated a specific slot for Continuous Professional Development (CPD) reducing a teaching load by one period a week.
- Access to internal training development opportunities (we support National Professional Qualifications at all levels, run an Extended Leadership Secondment and can contribute to Masters/PhD courses)
- Access to a wealth of CPD, such as The National College, Optimus and iHasco and a free subscription to TES Magazine online, along with a CPD hour on the timetable
- Access to Professional & Career Coaches/Mentors and self-evaluation tools (such as Swivl)
- An array of staff wellbeing initiatives: Staff extra-curricular activities such as Yoga, Football, free refreshments, fresh fruit, and food on Parents’ Evenings and Events
- Free on-site parking
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free Microsoft Office for home and loan equipment available (visualizer, graphics tablet, device)
- Free Staff Membership of our Fitness Suite with exclusive staff only times
The college is situated in a semi-rural location approximately 13 miles south of Winchester, within easy reach of Portsmouth and Southampton.
The role profile, teaching application and equalities monitoring form can be found on our website www.swanmore-school.co.uk . Your completed forms should be sent to [email protected] .
Swanmore College and Hampshire County Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Closing date: Noon on 31st December 2023
Interview date: TBC
We regularly have vacancies within our Support Staff team. Please check in with this page and visit our Swanmore College Facebook page to be the first to know when we do.
For further details about any of the roles mentioned above, please email [email protected]
Swanmore College and Hampshire County Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
If you require any further information please email [email protected]
Alternatively telephone the College reception on 01489 892256