The Curriculum encompasses everything the pupils at Swanmore undertake and experience.
We aim to provide and further develop a curriculum which enables all our youngsters to become:
- Successful learners who enjoy learning, make good progress and achieve;
- Confident individuals who are able to live safe, healthy and fulfilling lives;
- Responsible citizens who are able to make a positive contribution to society.
We recognise that a well educated person is one that:
- is an independent learning and decision maker;
- is adaptable;
- is literate and a good communicator;
- uses numbers and ICT effectively;
- is adventurous and willing to try new things;
- co-operates as part of a team;
- has good relationships with adults and peers;
- is morally and spiritually aware;
- has a sense of responsibility and self discipline;
- is tolerant and challenges stereotypes;
- is prepared for the challenges of society;
- has a sense of well being and can lead a safe and fulfilling life.
Our curriculum is designed to continue the journey of learning which leads to the development of a well educated person.
At KS3/KS4 we continue to develop and progress the core subjects of English, Maths and Science and build upon progress already made at KS2.
|Key Stage 3
Year 7, Year 8 & Year 9
|Art & Design||Dance||Drama||Geography||History||Modern
|Key Stage 4
Year 10 & Year 11
|English||Mathematics||Science||Core RE & Core PE|
|Option 1* (EBacc)||Option 2||Option 3|
|Yellow = Core|
|Green = Foundation|
*Must take at least one of: History, Geography, Computing or MFL.
Option Subjects include: Art & Design, Child Development, Computer Science, Creative I-Media, Dance, Drama, Engineering, Food, Geography, History, Media Studies, Modern Foreign Languages, Music, Philosophy & Ethics, Photography, Physical Education, Product Design, Sociology, Textiles
In Key Stage 4, pupils begin their GCSE (or equivalent) examination courses. In addition to core subjects, pupils choose four further subjects in Year 9 from the list below. At the end of Year 9, all pupils drop one of their option choices and continue with three option subjects in Year 10 & Year 11. One of those three choices must be either History, Geography or a Modern Foreign Language.
|Design and Technology
||Modern Foreign Languages
|Other optional subjects
*English Baccalaureate subjects
Please note that options are restricted to one per pre-set option block. Option choices are communicated to Year 8 in the spring and are subject to change.